Austin Peay State University Board of Trustees Approves New Fiscal Year 2022-23 Strategic Plan and Budget
Clarksville, TN – On Friday, June 10, 2022, the Board of Trustees of Austin Peay State University (APSU) voted unanimously to adopt the University’s new five-year strategic plan.
The vote came after months of work by Austin Peay State University’s Strategic Planning Committee, which sought input from students, employees and the community as part of the process.
“The whole campus is behind this plan, and as our tagline says – ‘The life you want starts at Austin Peay. “I think that’s a great way to succinctly sum up what we’re trying to do here,” Licari said.
The Experience Austin Peay State University 2022-2027 strategic plan was designed to help the institution become one of the region’s leading public universities by its 100e anniversary in 2027. The plan is divided into four areas, or pillars, along with goals and objectives. The full schedule is available here.
The pillars and objectives of the plan include:
Pillar 1: Academic experience
- Goal 1: APSU will be a leading public regional university known for excellence in student-centered education and high-quality, innovative, and creative scholarship that meets the needs of our diverse community and the -of the.
- Goal 2: APSU will evolve academic offerings to strengthen our emphasis on delivering quality programs that meet community and regional needs.
- Objective 3: APSU will optimize our institutional infrastructure to meet the academic needs of our students.
Pillar 2: The student experience
- Goal 1: APSU will provide opportunities for every student to have interactions and experiences by cultivating an inclusive community.
- Goal 2: APSU will ensure that all students are equipped to pursue their educational and professional goals in a nurturing environment.
Pillar 3: The employee experience
- Goal 1: APSU will enable employees to achieve their learning and development goals.
- Goal 2: APSU will support a campus culture where all employees can grow and thrive.
- Goal 3: APSU will cultivate a culture of connectedness in which employees intentionally engage with students to enrich the campus experience and influence student success.
Pillar 4: Community experience
- Goal 1: APSU will develop and strengthen mutually beneficial community partnerships.
- Objective 2: APSU will increase community participation by providing strong and unique programming.
- Goal 3: APSU will create a Gov-for-Life atmosphere that fosters sustained student and alumni engagement.
“The plan reflects that we are a teaching-focused university, we are a student-centred university and we are a family, that we need to support and find ways for everyone here – students, faculty and staff. — to succeed,” Licari said. “And as you know, I take our connection to the community very seriously, and that comes through very clearly in this plan as well.”
Budget and down payment
At Friday’s meeting, the board also unanimously approved the University’s $178 million budget for the 2022-23 fiscal year. Most of this money will fund teaching and student services for the next year.
The board also learned that next year Austin Peay State University will submit a request to the Tennessee Commission on Higher Education to convert portions of the Memorial Health Building into classrooms, labs and offices. for student success. This project will include the renovation of approximately 40,000 square feet in this building, the construction of a new 3,000 square foot east entrance and the demolition of the nearby Marks building.
For more information about the APSU Board of Trustees, visit www.apsu.edu/president/board-of-trustees.