Program Officer, Learning and Innovation – United States of America
DT Global is a rapidly growing international development organization focused on improving capacity, capability and effectiveness of development programs in complex global environments. Working in a variety of sectors – including economic growth, environment and infrastructure (including energy, climate change and water, sanitation and health), governance, human development and stabilization and transition – we provide world-class management, program design, analysis, monitoring and evaluation services.
Drawing on the strengths, knowledge and over 60 years of experience of AECOM International Development, Development Transformations and IMC Worldwide, we have a global ecosystem – including non-profit partner, DT Institute – working together to develop cutting-edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With offices in the US, UK, Spain and Australia, in addition to project offices in over 90 countries, DT Global implements projects funded by a wide range of clients including USAID, MCC , FCDO, EU, DFAT, MFAT, and other public and private actors. We value learning, research, innovation and the rapid adaptation of programs in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we build technical capabilities across sectors to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Insight: DT Global is seeking a Program Manager to join the Digital and Data Governance Team (DDGT) within the Learning and Innovation (L&I) practice. The L&I practice provides advice and direct assistance to international development projects on monitoring and evaluation; to research; digital and data governance; data analysis and GIS technology; and quality assurance for project delivery. The Program Officer will provide data science/GIS, program management and administrative support to a wide range of DDGT activities, often assigned to two or three activities simultaneously.
We are looking for candidates who want to learn more about this field, promote ethical practices in digital development and share their knowledge with others. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable, adaptable, proactive, self-motivated and willing to take on new tasks to support other colleagues. We are a close, friendly and flexible team that values teamwork, transparency, high quality deliverables, strong relationships with our customers and partners, and our commitment to our mission. Some travel (up to 25% of the time) may be required; the Program Officer will report to the Senior Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project delivery, data analysis and research:
- Review and manage quantitative data, generate GIS maps, perform data cleaning and perform statistical analysis
- Conduct research and document reviews, perform data analysis, conduct key informant interviews and write reports
- Provide project management support, including budget tracking and assisting with financial reporting, managing contractors, reviewing deliverables, and developing project work plans
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, track and monitor project status, and review reports or deliverables
- Contribute to technology and system analyses, such as assisting with contextual assessments and SWOT analysis
- Lead and facilitate presentations to share research findings, recommendations and lessons learned with internal and external audiences
- Assist in drafting DDGT communications materials, including web copy, corporate capability statements, and press releases as needed
- Advance the growth of the DDGT practice by working internally and externally to increase awareness of DDGT expertise and knowledge
- Contribute to internal DDGT activities to support DT Global staff members and offices
- Take on specialized tasks based on professional interests and past experience
Education and minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, global health or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years of relevant program management or operations experience, including strong data science background and experience using GIS
- Knowledge of data management and governance processes and policies, including data cleansing, open data, data analytics, and data security
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including using GIS, creating data visualizations, creating tables/graphs, and sentiment analysis
- Experience developing and executing work plans to deliver high quality products, compelling visualizations, and strong written materials for internal and external clients
- Proficiency in data science and GIS software tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, and ArcGIS
- Mastery of the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in English
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel and work internationally up to 25%, sometimes on short notice
- Master’s degree in international development, global health or related field
- Formal training or certification in data management or GIS
- Understanding and commitment to reduce inequalities and misuse of technology due to gender, socio-economic status, rural/urban divides, disability, race, literacy, etc.
- Previous project management experience, such as developing work plans, financial tracking and reporting, managing deliverables, and team communications
- Experience working with international development donors (USAID, World Bank, UN, etc.) and international NGOs
- Experience working remotely and interacting with clients and teams across different time zones and cultures
- Previous overseas work experience in Africa, the Middle East and/or Asia
- Proficiency in another language, such as Spanish, French or Arabic
- TEAM WORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts in a professional manner. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and demonstrates openness to the ideas and thoughts of others.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to meet multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CLIENT/CUSTOMER FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and responds to customer needs and responds appropriately and responsively.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for the diversity of individuals and perspectives; behaves inclusively and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Always displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal appearance in the workplace; demonstrates respectful communication with others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discrimination against employees and job applicants who request, discuss or disclose compensation for the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.