TEMBO E-LEARNING MANAGER (BASED IN ANY MSF OCBA HUB) – Jordan
POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECT TO FEASIBILITY
Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent international medico-humanitarian organization which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and without distinction of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by the 21 sections, 24 associations and other MSF offices gathered around the world. MSF OCBA acts as the host direction of TEMBO to support the MSF movement.
TEMBO (https://tembo.msf.org) is on a mission to become a personal and organizational digital learning and development ecosystem used across the organization, pooling efforts, gaining efficiencies across all MSF entities, and providing a space for all MSF staff to learn , to develop and share knowledge. It contains learning activities such as courses, videos and quick exercises, job postings, learning communities and many other professional development resources.
In January 2017, the MSF Operational Center Barcelona (OCBA) received €4.2 million from the MSF Transformational Investment Capacity (TIC) fund to provide MSF workers with personal learning and development environments. In July 2020, a second grant was received to support Scale-Up through the MSF movement, developing new features while consolidating the Tembo Shared Services operating model.
GENERAL PURPOSE AND CONTEXT OF THE JOB
The MSF-Tembo Shared Services E-Learning Manager, working under the supervision of the TEMBO Shared Services Manager, is responsible for providing support in the design and development of learning solutions, always seeking to provide creative and high quality services that meet the learning needs of the MSF Movement.
Much of this work will involve generating new e-learning solutions, tailored to the needs of MSF projects and field staff. This involves engaging all stages of the learning cycle, including learning needs analysis, solution design, product development, testing, and implementation. This work involves regular contact with internal stakeholders and external service providers. The size and diversity of the projects undertaken are quite large.
The eLearning Manager is placed in the Tembo Shared Services, Content area and reports to the Shared Services Manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1. Development and implementation of learning.
- Participates as an instructional designer within a multidisciplinary work team.
- Participates in the definition of user needs using different methodologies.
- Collaborates to always have information about the user to be able to adapt the learning solutions.
- Supports the design and development of learning materials and resources.
- Participates in the selection of the best technology or learning solution that best fits the learning objectives (taking into account both pedagogical and technological aspects).
- Actively participates in the production of learning materials of various types (videos, SCORM objects, documents, images, infographics and others.
- Integrates learning materials into the TEMBO digital learning ecosystem.
- Develop the rapid prototype and programmed working model on which the final product is based.
- Participates in the maintenance and updating of continuous learning solutions.
- Use and maintain design documents, course content and asset lists.
- In collaboration with team members and stakeholders, designs innovative learning products and services.
- Researches different topics such as learning approaches, assessment methods, virtual and online simulations, etc.
- Manages the Tembo e-learning platform for creating or modifying courses.
- Certain content may be subcontracted to external service providers (videos, graphics), guaranteeing adequate pricing and the production of deliverables on time and with the expected quality.
- Participates in the creation of resources to enhance the development of learning materials, such as trainings, guidelines, tools or templates.
- Works closely with Tembo – MSF internal partners to support them in the different stages of the learning development and implementation process.
- Works closely with the subject matter expert in defining learning materials and resources.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning actions taking into account the different indicators defined at different levels: Service, Learning Action, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in educational psychology, pedagogy, education or learning sciences or fields related to e-learning.
- Experience in carrying out e-learning projects and similar tasks described above.
- Very skilled in the use of technological tools that can be used for educational purposes.
- Experience in designing and implementing training strategies.
- Strong technical background, with an understanding or practical experience of developing learning environments, MOOCs and/or keeping up to date with the latest eLearning trends in the industry.
- Experience working for a diverse, non-technical and geographically spread organization.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, Design Thinking and UX is an asset.
- English as a working language, French and Spanish desirable.
- Good command of Moodle, Totara/Mahara, Microsoft Office and/or Open Office.
- Desirable knowledge of best practice frameworks and standard design methodologies: SCRUM, Agile, Design Thinking, etc.
- Technician producing and editing SCORM content with Articulate Storyline, including creating Storyline, Vyond animations and editing and exporting to multiple languages.
- Production and editing of H5P content.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- An understanding of the principles and practice of user-centered product design/development.
- Commitment to MSF principles.
- Intercultural awareness.
- Results and Quality orientation.
- Service orientation.
- Planning and organization.
- Initiation and innovation.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Position based in any MSF OCBA hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). The final location will be subject to the employability of the pre-selected candidate (residence, work permit, etc.).
- Full time job.
- Duration: 1 year. Contractual modality according to the local legal framework.
- Annual gross salary: HQ-3A (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA reward policy. Subject to local conditions.
- Start date: October 2022.
How to register
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter: https://careers.msf-applications.org/job-invite/6623/
Closing Date: September 4, 2022, 11:59 p.m. CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. People from minority groups, indigenous groups and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. MSF offers a working environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy work-life balance. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any type of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will therefore be subject to reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontières, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of the “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invites people with recognized disabilities and with an interest in the humanitarian field to apply for the above position.